Sunday, November 15, 2015

Article Review 5: Scott Adams' Secret of Success: Failure

     This article is very different from the past articles we have read but in a good way. I feel like I could apply a lot of the ideas that were brought up in the article in my everyday life. Scott Adams presented some tips to his readers on what not to do if you’re looking for success. The first tip is to know that no two situations are alike so be aware of successful people and their methods. The second and third tip is to forget about passion and forget about goals. Passion can merely stem from success. Success does not always arise from passion. Also, system-oriented people seem to be more successful than goal-oriented people because setting goals involves “the cycle of permanent presuccess failure.” (Adams). 
     Overall, Adam's purpose of writing this article is to tell his audience that they should see failure as a tool towards success and not as the final outcome. He then goes on to list out his own failures in the business world. I really liked how he was open about his road to success and didn’t try to hide his imperfections because it makes Adam seem more relatable. This allows the readers to have more hope in themselves because if one man fails and then succeeds, we can feel less ashamed of our own failures as well. Out of all the assigned article reviews, this has been my favorite article by far. It’s a nice change from the usual economic centered article because this one is more general and relatable. It definitely inspired me to look at my failures in a different light. It also helped me realize that though it may seem like I’m not succeeding when I fail, in some form, I am because it will be a part of what shapes my journey onto the way of success. That fact alone is really motivating.

                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment